To be eligible for an NHS funded eye test at home you must be unable to leave home unaccompanied due to a physical or mental illness or disability.
Additionally, you will need to fall into one of the following categories:
- Aged 60 or over
- Diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- Aged 40 or over with parent/sibling/child with glaucoma
- Registered partially-sighted or blind
- Are eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher
- If you (or your partner) are in receipt of any of the following benefits: Pension Credit Guarantee Credit, Income Support, Income Related Employment and Support Allowance, Income Based Jobseekers Allowance, Universal Credit (and meet the criteria)
This is provided by the NHS with whom Osprey Opticians Ltd have a contract to provide this service. The best way to check eligibility is to call us on 01228 534602.
Osprey Opticians Ltd can also provide a private sight test for those who do not meet the eligibility described above. A private sight test is £60.00.